Turning Within for Guidance with the Outside World
This article is for information only and doesn’t call for any action.
- Freedom is enjoying whatever you do. –Satchidananda
- Life can present no situation in which we are not the master. -2nd Book of the Tao
- Only your doubts, fears and resentments keep your good from you. –Florence Scovill Shinn
- The Self in man and in the sun are one. Those who understand this see through the world and go beyond various sheaths of being to realize the unity of life. –The Taittiriya Upanishad
- When Supreme Intelligence makes a demand upon Itself, It answers Its own demand out of Its own nature and cannot help doing so. –Ernest Holmes
- The universe has many allies for your quest. Perhaps you have not met them yet. -Judith Wright, The One Decision
- Mind-breath practice:
Breathe one of the words below on the in-breath….. and then the next word on the out-breath…and then the next word on the in-breath…..repeat and continue until you feel calm and connection…..repeat during the day as often as you can remember
These quotes are shared by Robert Rannigan, LPC, to touch, inspire, and motivate moms and dads to reflect upon what is important in their lives and those of their spouses and children. The role of fathers has been slowly changing over the years. Dads are now expected to be more emotionally involved with their kids and–most of all–desire more emotional closeness with them. To do this, men have to establish a sense of safety, certainty, and knowing within their own internal environments. Through increased mindfulness and focus, they will then be able to create these very things for themselves, as well as for the families they love.
Grouped by a common theme, “Quotes for Parents” bring words of wisdom, almost daily, from great minds—current and old—into the lives of modern parents (and the rest of us) to nudge them (and us) ever so closer to the mindfulness and self-awareness we should all be practicing every single day.
These quotes are provided as encouragement to observe the power of words and to choose your words carefully. In the morning, choose one (or some of their impactful words) to meditate upon and guide you in a positive direction as you navigate the day’s challenges.
The post Turning Within for Guidance with the Outside World appeared first on The Good Men Project.
March 24, 2019 at 03:33AM